Animal Husbandry Department played a role in upliftment of economic condition and providing employment in villages. Hence small and marginal farmers enhanced their economic condition.
As per the 2012 Animal Census there on 10.93 lakhs livestock and 3.62 lakhs poultry.
In Kalaburagi district, there are 214 Veterinary Institution working. In this, 1(one) Super Speciality Hospital, 29Veterinary Hospital, 109 Veterinary Dispensaries, 68 Primary Veterinary Centres, and 7 Mobile Veterinaty Clinic are working.
In 2017-18 asper the Govt. Order No/AHF/278/AHS/2016(Part-2), Dated. 3-1-2018, 12 Pvc are upgrade to Veterinary Dispensaries out of 817 sanctioned post, 386 posts are working staff and 318 post are vacant.
- Main Activities of Department
- Doing Artificial Insentination to Animals
- Carrying out the vaccinations to Animals against different contagious Diseases.
- Health coverage of Animals
- Fodder development Programmes
- Extending Artificial Inseminate to farmers & Doorstep Services of Treatment of Animals Through Mobile roots and Artificial Insemination Programme through Maitri Workers.
- Coverage of Insurance of Animals
- Training of farmers in advance Dairy management sheep & Goat rearing
- Treatment of Infertile Animals in Animal Health Camps