High Court of Karnataka Kalaburagi Bench, came in existence in the year 2008 when the circuit bench was set up in Kalaburagi. There was a long-standing demand for an additional bench as the location of High Court in Bangalore in south-east corner of the state caused hardship for people visiting the High Court from the distant northern regions of the state. Later there was demand to make the circuit bench permanent bench. Consequently, Kalaburagi circuit bench became a permanent bench from 31 August 2013.
District Court Kalaburagi, came in existence in the year 1935. The said court was functioning in the Old Court building. Later in the year 2004, New Court building was constructed with two floors. The main building is situated near Siddartha Law College, SB Temple Road, Kalaburagi and is nearer to Railway Station. The old Court building is constructed during the Nizam Reign. At present one Court of Principal District & Sessions Judge, and Five Addl. District and Sessions Judges are functioning. The Family Court is also functioning in a building situated inside District Court Premises. There are two separate Bar Association buildings in the Court Premises and accommodation for the lady advocates is also provided in Bar Association buildings. There is a Canteen facility and Typing Pool to Advocates Association, under District Court Compound is provided. The building is in good condition and having all the Civil facility in its building. There are also one Prl. Senior Civil Judge and CJM Court and three Addl. Senior Civil Judge Court, One Prl. Civil Judge & JMFC Court and five Addl. Civil Judge & JMFC Courts are also functioning in new Court Complex. Labour Court is functioning in “ Mini Vidhana Soudha” which is near to the Court Complex. Apart from this, Railway Court is also functioning nearby Railway Station, Kalaburagi.